Organizations and Resources:
- MassDevelopment connects non-profits and manufacturers to state funding.
- Free mentoring provided by SCORE, Counselors to America’s Small Business www.score.org
- Massachusetts Small Business Development Center Network www.msbdc.org
- Southeastern Economic Development Corporation www.seedcorp.com*
- Center for Marketing Research at UMASS Dartmouth
- Center for Women and Enterprise www.cweboston.org
- Stonehill College www.stonehill.edu
- Bridgewater State College www.bridgew.edu
- Massasoit Community College www.massasoit.mass.edu
- Southeastern Technical Institute www.sti-tech.org
- Constant Contact, for your e-mail marketing needs. For chamber member rates visit http://www.constantcontact.com/index.jsp?pn=eastonchamber
- Massachusetts Labor Laws http://www.mass.gov/lwd/labor-standards/
- Easton Town Offices www.easton.ma.us
- Better Business Bureau http://www.bbb.org
- Old Colony Planning Council www.ocpcrpa.org
- Consumer Product Safety Division http://www.cpsc.gov
- National Archives http://www.archives.gov
- Small Business Administration http://www.sba.gov
- U.S. Postal Service http://www.usps.com
- Internal Revenue Service http://irs.gov
Local Media Contacts:
- Boston Globe South http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/regional_editions/globe_south/
- The Brockton Enterprise www.enterprisenews.com
- Easton Journal www.wickedlocaleaston.com
- Easton Community Access Television (ECAT) www.eastoncat.org
Related Events & Announcements:
- Looking to start a business in Easton? Check out the Town’s online Business Guide
- Office/Warehouse/Mixed Use space for lease in an attractive brick building with signage on Route 106. Set back off Route 106 surrounded by nature, this recently renovated building boasts many great features including emphasis on energy efficiency. Lighting upgrades were made throughout, and the building now features LED lighting on the interior and exterior. Office areas and hallways are controlled by motion sensors and a daylight harvesting system. Major improvements were made in the areas of electrical and HVAC, as well as the fire alarm system, flooring, paint, tel-data, landscaping and much more. All inquiries should go to Elise Hannon at 508-285-9955 x308 or firstname.lastname@example.org. See www.hannonelectricinc.com for details.
- Ames Free Library-Check the library’s web-site for listings of educational and informational business-related workshops that are offered for free!
- Southeastern Regional Vocational Technical High School:
Southeastern Cooperative Education or Co-Op, is an employment partnership program between the schools and area employers and is an important component of all vocational technical education programs. It gives qualified grade 12 students the opportunity for paid, on the job work experience, while attending Southeastern for their academic work. Businesses interested in learning more about the program should visit the school’s website, www.sersd.org.
- Massachusetts Small Business Development Center (MSBDC):Monthly Business Seminars and workshops- most are FREE. For upcoming events, visit: http://www.msbdc.org/semass/training.html#grow2